Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Windows Steady State

Has anyone tried Windows Steady State? I installed it on one machine and it works, maybe too well. On that computer, patrons can log into their e-mail accounts, Yahoo, Hot Mail, Etc., but when they try to open a message it will not follow the link and open it. I noticed the same thing on several links on other pages, Link to main page opens fine, but secondary links on the new page don't function. Removing all function restrictions and then adding back in only the most basic seems to cure the problem. This has been such a hassle that I think I will go back to the shared computer tool.

Steve

3 Comments:

At 12:47 PM, Blogger Chris said...

This article on the WebJunction forums addresses this problem - it looks like a certain security setting can be cahgned to alleviate the problem if I udnerstand the article / forum posts correctly.

http://www.webjunction.org/forums/click.jspa?searchID=16909&messageID=44645

 
At 2:52 AM, Blogger Luyanda said...

hi. Im wondering if anyone could tell me where I cn download windows steady state. help please

 
At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Search for Windows+steadystate+download and you will get the link to microsoft's download location. Use IE, not Firefox to do this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home